Workshops  mapping the drone as a material, industrially-produced technology of war, and consequently explore how this affects our understanding of the covert drone campaigns in the Middle East.
Over a series of seven workshops, the project brought together a mix of activists, artists, designers, geographers, journalists, and academics to collaboratively research and chart the relationships between the network of US airbases located across the globe, the principal manufacturers of UAVs, and the territories where they are deployed. Information gleaned from open-sources, such as the Facebook profiles of airbases, Google and Bing satellite images, the published minutes of corporate shareholder meetings and aircraft spec sheets were used to annotate, spatialise, and draw connections.
- [Talk] Automatic Warfare, DRONES, Disrupt Network Lab, Berlin, April 2015.
- [Workshop] The Reposition Matrix VII, Share Conference, HR. July 22nd.
- [Talk] Automatic Warfare, Share Conference, Rijeka, Croatia. July 23rd, 2013.
- [Workshop] The Reposition Matrix VI, V2, Rotterdam, NL. July 7th.
- [Workshop] The Reposition Matrix V, Glitch Festival, Rua Red Dublin, IE. June 15th.
- [Workshop] The Reposition Matrix IV, Furtherfield Gallery, London, UK, May 18th.
- [Workshop] The Reposition Matrix III, WORM, Rotterdam, NL. May 8th, 2013.
- [Workshop] The Reposition Matrix II, Block T, Dublin, IE. April 20, 2013.
- [Workshop] The Reposition Matrix I, Piet Zwart Institute, Rotterdam, March 2013.